Sunday, March 4, 2018

Meet Patti Lapinsky



I’ve been sewing since I was ten years old (my mom taught  me). I can still remember the first skirt and top I made. I sewed for my girls when they were younger and often made my own clothes. Although I’ve been sewing for many years, I only began quilting about five years ago. My friend, Linda Blakely (also a member of our guild),  tried to get me into quilting years ago, but it was just so fussy and it really wasn’t my thing. Fast forward many years, and my daughter Alissa discovered modern quilting and loved it so much, she convinced me to try it. And an obsession was born…. she encouraged me to join the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild and we also attended Quilt Con in Austin that following year. It was official, I was bitten by the quilting bug.


I have made quilts for my daughter, my mom, my grandsons and many baby quilts. My favorite quilt is usually the one I am working on at the moment, but I do love the Double Square Star quilt I made with my Anna Maria Horner fabric.


I always sew with my shoes off on my Viking that my mom gave me, and on occasion I wander down the street and sew with Alissa, or more often than not, I wander down the street for her advice and inspiration. I love that we can quilt together! My inspiration comes from Alissa, Anna Maria Horner and a host of quilters on Instagram!


Not sure of my next quilting advenure, but we are definitely planning to go to the retreat in November, QuiltCon in Nashville and I’m excited about being the Education Coordinator this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment